Our client, a leading scientific publisher, is looking for someone to lead their publishing activities in Japan and expansion into South Korea. You will be responsible for 2 team members and work very closely with the publishing team in the UK and other countries to deliver on the global strategy.
This role demands a proactive publishing professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Your objectives will be to develop and maintain an exceptionally influential network of contacts within the Japanese chemical science community as well as working closely with sales and marketing colleagues to help increase the sales penetration and usage of products in Japan.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Higher degree or PhD in science (chemical science normally preferred) or equivalent
- Work experience – this could include:
- Scientific research (for government, academic or corporate organisations)
- Scientific society officer (for example as a community engagement officer or events experience)
- Academia at Assistant Professor or Professor level
- STEM publishing (for example as an editor, community engagement officer, events experience)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Contacts with the relevant communities
- Good organisational and time-management skills are required together with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally
- Up-to-date knowledge of and passion for the chemical sciences
- Fluent in Japanese and English, both written and spoken
DESIRABLE SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in or knowledge of STM publishing
- Thorough understanding of the Japanese education system
Please apply as soon as possible. If you have any questions please do get in touch.