We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to work for a leading academic publisher and be able provide clear actionable business insights. You will have strong project management capabilities and an analytical mind in financial forecasts, market & customer data, business intelligence and marketing plans. You must have excellent communication and presentation skills in both Japanese and English, knowledge of software including Microsoft office and SalesForce.com. Experience in academic publishing preferred,
The role will involve:
- working collaboratively across the organisation to establish a consensus, data-supported view of priority goals;
- conducting market research and gaining insights through customers, editorial and sales feedback channels;
- providing competitor analysis and research by market segment;
- building relationships with potential customer groups within government and funding agencies;
- setting strategic plans focusing on goals and delivering key business results;
- driving product and services communication to staff and customers.