This is a fantastic role for someone with a research and industry background in the sciences to work for a world leading international publisher. You will be their strategic person on the ground in country, to create innovative researcher products and services and ensure they have the frameworks in region to implement. A key activity will be delivering marketing intelligence to the senior leadership team.
A core responsibility will be fostering high level relationships with customer groups, including government and regulatory bodies, funders, research institutions, societies and corporations. You will be raising the profile of the organisation and working with global publishing teams to drive growth of editorial content and networks in Japan.
You will need:
- A breadth of experience across the academic research and publishing industry, in different organizations, subject areas and in-depth knowledge of their designated region
- An understanding of technologies, trends and developments in the areas of online publishing, scholarly communication and research
- A firm grasp of strategic issues affecting the global research sector.
- Proven ability to network and form strong working relationships and networks effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to create engagement, build rapport and create positive impact and credibility at senior level
- Results-oriented with the ability to manage from strategic development to detailed execution
- Project management knowledge and experience
- Self-motivation with the drive to succeed
- Native Proficiency in Japanese, Professional Proficiency in English
- PhD degree is preferred
Please contact us for further information or apply now. You must be eligible to live and work in Japan.