Fantastic opportunity to join a market leading Publisher in a new role as Acquisitions Director actively developing their Chemistry Portfolio. You will have responsibility for a global team of executive editors and develop and implement the strategy for the existing journals business as well as developing an open access portfolio.
You will have/be:
- A PhD or Masters degree in chemistry
- Demonstrable network in chemistry strongly preferred
- International business experience; business experience of China an advantage
- Significant background in Open Access and Open Science; broad knowledge and awareness of research and funding trends in chemical sciences and STM journals publishing
- Very good knowledge of all aspects of editorial policy, procedures, and practice
- Significant line management experience
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills, entrepreneurial mindset
- Very good communication skills in English, knowledge of German language would be a bonus
- A strongly collaborative team worker, comfortable with co-ownership of shared goals and with a high level of personal accountability
- Able to undertake national and international travel for conference attendance, site visits and meetings (20-25% travel)
This position can be home based in UK, Europe or USA or office based in Germany.