Fantastic opportunity to work with a global organisation whose aim is the pursuit of excellence in education, learning and research. We are looking for a journals publisher with significant experience in STM journals.
The right candidate will bring substantial knowledge of the evolving journal publishing industry and, benefiting from their extensive network and market awareness, a clear vision for the opportunities for a 21st century portfolio of journals across the mathematical, computational, physical and engineering sciences.
The successful candidate will inspire and coach a team managing relationships, building high-quality content in journals, and identifying and exploiting opportunities to drive new publishing business. Reporting to the STM Journals Publishing Director and part of the global STM journals management team, the role-holder will help shape our clients strategy for the physical sciences and STM journals as a whole.
You will be/have:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally with a PhD in an area relevant to our publishing programme.
- Substantial experience in building an STM journals programme, with a deep understanding of the evolving global landscape for journals and a strong, evidence-based understanding of research directions.
- Track record of shaping a portfolio and building business, including innovative launches and negotiating and winning journal publishing contracts, balancing a data-driven approach with flair and vision.
- Proven strong relationship and networking skills.
- Able to present complex concepts and make a convincing case for change to external stakeholders, colleagues and line reports.
- High level of commercial awareness with an analytical mindset.
- Sound judgment in decision-making and resourcefulness in prioritization
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills with a collegial ethos.