This is an exciting opportunity to work on topical policy issues and commission cutting-edge policy research to connect the world of science and advance chemical knowledge for a better future.
As a Policy Advisor you will manage commissioned research, analyse a range of evidence, manage relationships, develop and communicate policies. You will develop good relationships with like-minded organisations and decision-makers in Governments and parliaments, working closely with colleagues. You will work on some of the hottest topics such as SME growth, skills, chemistry and economic policy, future trade agreements and science funding post-COVID.
You will need:
- A degree in physical or biological science or a related subject.
- Direct experience of working in a relevant role in public, private, higher education, research or charity sectors requiring an understanding of policy development.
- A track record of developing, planning, delivering and reviewing complex projects.
- The ability to research, commission and evaluate detailed, complex quantitative and qualitative information and form clear recommendations tailored to different audiences.
- The ability to build relationships and influence community and policy stakeholders
- Personal initiative to solve problems to meet challenging deadlines