We are looking for an editor to support a leading not for profit publisher with their Chemistry journals.
You will have a vital role to support the development of their journal portfolios ensuring they have a high level of engagement with the scientific community. You will proactively contribute to the strategic development of the portfolio, through commissioning and product development plans, identification, and recruitment of external Associate Editors, developing and maintaining good relationships with existing and potential authors, referees and customers and monitoring market forces. You will implement commissioning and marketing plans, build lasting relationships with key stakeholders, attend national and international conferences, and deputise for the Executive Editor where required. You will also work closely with other teams across the organisation to ensure the successful delivery of the journal strategies.
- Advanced degree in chemical science and/or related areas
- Good knowledge of the chemical sciences, and the ability in understanding and identifying research fronts.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work well as a team.
- Good organisational and time-management skills are required together with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- Hands on experience working for a scientific journal will be a plus
- Established network with the global chemistry community is a plus
- Previous commissioning experience and conference attendance is preferred
- People management experience preferred