We are looking for an enthusiastic, consultative and ambitious Sales Executive to join our clients sales team selling journals, database, archive and eBook products. You will have responsibility for developing and proactively managing relationships across Southern Europe in order to exceed ambitious sales targets. When circumstances allow again, you will travel extensively across the region, selling to universities, consortia and corporate customers. Your role will include faculty calling, managing subscription agents, forecasting and reporting sales performance.
Your responsibilities will focus on;
- Promoting and proactively selling designated products to customers across the territory, including consortia, universities and corporate institutions to ensure achievement of sales targets. On average, you should expect to spend 2-3 days per week meeting customers face to face with a target of 3 meetings per day.
- Representing the organisation at main industry conferences including presentations of our portfolio and activities
- Working on customer proposals to achieve sales targets.
- Maintaining sales and revenue analysis reports for the region comparing sales versus targets (revenue, unit sales, cancellations) and accurately forecast sales performance for the month and year.
- Developing and maintaining strong business relationships with new and existing customers to ensure renewal of existing and growth of new business.
- Proactively following up sales leads / enquiries to establish customer needs and present and demonstrate relevant products.
- Proactively generating opportunities for new journals in line with targets and follow-up leads provided by Business Development team.
- Making use of telephone and email communications as required for targeting of and sales to customers.
- Providing customer and market feedback on existing and potential products to marketing and editorial and work to develop good relationships with these colleagues.
- Maintaining up to date customer profiles via Salesforce for all customers detailing contacts, areas of interest, opportunities, tasks and activities.
We are looking for;
- Successful field sales experience, preferably in STM publishing; record of exceeding sales targets
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Fluent spoken and written English; multi-lingual desirable (French, Italian, Spanish)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Experience of CRM system (i.e., Salesforce)
- Self-starter and team player